Common Phrasal Verbs in English



Phrasal verbs are a common feature of the English language and can be tricky to understand for non-native speakers. Phrasal verbs are verbs that consist of a base verb and one or more particles or prepositions. Here are some of the most common and important phrasal verbs in English:

  1. Get up: To wake up and get out of bed
    Example: I always get up at 6 am.

  2. Take off: To remove clothing or leave on a trip
    Example: I need to take off my coat, it's too hot here.

  3. Look after: To take care of someone or something
    Example: I'll look after your cat while you're away.

  4. Put on: To wear clothing or apply makeup
    Example: Can you put on your coat before we go outside?

  5. Turn off: To stop the flow of something
    Example: Please turn off the TV when you leave the room.

  6. Pick up: To collect or lift something
    Example: Can you pick up my bag from the floor?

  7. Bring up: To raise a topic for discussion
    Example: Let's bring up the issue of funding at the next meeting.

  8. Give up: To stop doing something
    Example: I gave up smoking last year.

  9. Break up: To end a relationship
    Example: I broke up with my boyfriend last month.

  10. Look for: To search for something
    Example: Have you looked for your keys?

These are just a few examples of the many phrasal verbs that exist in English. Mastering phrasal verbs can greatly improve your fluency and understanding of the language.


Thank you very much for reading this blog post. I hope you like it. And one more thing, if you have any problem regarding this post so, you can comment us. We will definitely solve your problem. Don't forget to share this article with your loved ones. 💓


Mr. Yousaf Ali

I am delighted to have you here. As an avid English Teacher, Blogger, and YouTuber, I find joy in exploring and sharing my passions with the world.

2 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post