Difference Between HAVE, HAVE HAD, & HAD HAD in English



Difference Between HAVE,  HAVE HAD,  HAD HAD


I HAVE A DOG. = I have one right now.

Example: I have a dog. She is 13 years old.


I HAVE HAD A DOG. = I had one at some point in the past. 

Example: I have had dog. I do not have one now, though.


I HAD HAD A DOG. = I had one at some point in the past before another point in the past.

Example: I was ten when I got my first dog. When I was twelve, I had had that dog for two years.


And I already have multiple videos about present perfect and past perfect. Please feel free to watch those videos on my YouTube or Facebook page for more examples.


Thank you very much for reading this blog post. I hope you like it. And one more thing, if you have any problem regarding this post so, you can comment us. We will definitely solve your problem. Don't forget to share this article with your love ones. 💓

 

Mr. Yousaf Ali

I am delighted to have you here. As an avid English Teacher, Blogger, and YouTuber, I find joy in exploring and sharing my passions with the world.

1 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post